Coach Brain will be back for the month of March
to teach a goalie academy.
||Dear ASC Parents, we will be running a GOALIE TRAINING ACADEMY for the month of march.
Details: Coach Brian, a NSCAA National Licensed Goalie Coach will be teaching goalie skills every Saturday in the month of March.
The Goalie Academy Registration is closed as we have filled the available groups.
We are planning additional training sessions and a week long summer program. So check back to alamedasoccer.org for updates.
Coach Steven Adams
ASC Competitive Coordinator
In addition to the Competitive pre-tryout training announced yesterday for January 10th & 11th Brian Catalano will be available at Rittler Park for goalie training for any boys or girls that are interested in trying out for the position. He will be available from 12:30-2:30 on Saturday (for boys) and Sunday (for girls).
The tentative schedule will be:
- 0-20min – Warm Up games (fun/explosive/high intensity movements) interspersed with a little bit of dynamic stretching
- 20-40min – Footwork and basic handling (think cone/flag/ladder work, with pre-determined footwork to prep the nervous system for agility later)
- 40-70min – Collapse Dives and Power Dives (outside of the goal to begin, progressing to the goal if numbers permit)
- 70-95 min – Handling Crosses and hand distribution (here agility will be huge, so we’ll review footwork in a pre-determined setting for a few minutes, then progress to simply serving balls)
- 95-115 min – breakaway technique + striker/keeper game to goal
- 115-120 min – Q&A from players/parents/coaches; if there are more questions, I will obviously be happy to stay a bit longer
In his words,
there is so much into the game of goalkeeping, and thus I won’t be able to cover everything in a 2 hour session (distribution, pass backs, organization/communication, through balls, balls played over the top, cutback/3-goal situations, positioning, etc). I am not going to get too in-depth in this session either, BUT I will give each child an introduction to the position, some basic activities, simple coaching cues. Each exercise will be simple enough that it will be repeatable for any coach in attendance, and if any coaches are there they are more than welcome to take notes, listen for simple cues, etc.
This is a great opportunity for anyone interested in the position to test themselves and learn what’s involved.